By Vladimir Silva
"Wolfenstein 3D"-like and "Doom"-like video game apps are many of the classic Android video games provided within the unique version of this booklet. in view that their free up, Android has improved with the debut of Android 4.0, including higher fonts, new person Interface and event (UI/UX) APIs, tablet issues, multi-touch functions, multi-tasking, speedier functionality, and masses extra to the Android video game app development repertoire.
Multi-touch code supplies those video games and their gamers dynamic enter and alternate ability, for a extra life like arcade video game experience. Faster and higher functionality bargains online game gamers a extra seamless, enjoyable arcade adventure like by no means sooner than on Android. there's additionally stronger local C/C++ integration with Android's NDK besides, which makes coding, compiling, and changing both productive and effective with earnings in app performance.
With actionable real-world source, Advanced Android 4 Games shows you the way to construct extra subtle and addictive Android video games, harnessing the ability of those contemporary developments.
* assurance of the new UI, UX, multi-touch and multi-tasking positive factors to be had with Android 4.0.
* examine different recommendations for making improvements to the game enjoying event together with wireless tethering, greater multi-tasking, new and higher streaming net video utilizing WebM, and extra.
* by means of combining the based object-oriented positive aspects of Java and the uncooked strength of C, there's no restrict to the categories of video games so you might construct for the platform, akin to the "Quake 3D"-like game app case learn during this book.
You’ll certainly celebrate, and maybe you’ll even make a few cash. take pleasure in!
<What you’ll learn> * Key complicated Android gaming innovations utilizing the hot Android SDK 4 to aid you earn extra money within the app shops
* the right way to collect local code (C) in Android utilizing the NDK
* find out how to upload and combine multi-touch
* How to use Bluetooth controllers (Zeemote)
* extra gaming tips and information, comparable to hybrid 3D pix with OpenGL and JNI
* the best way to port and increase a second shooter online game app just like "Wolfenstein" for Android
* the best way to port and increase one other 2nd shooter "Doom"-like video game app for Android utilizing OpenGL
* how you can construct a 3D shooter video game like "Quake"
* How and the place to most sensible install those video game apps
Who this e-book is for
This publication is for savvy Android app builders who're searching for specialist or complicated innovations for porting, augmenting and construction second and 3D video game apps which are advanced, enjoyable and profitable.
desk of Contents * Welcome to Android Gaming
* Gaming tips:
* extra Gaming tips: Hybrid 3D snap shots with OpenGL and JNI
* effective pictures with OpenGL ES 2.0
* second Shooters with OpenGL: Doom-like App for Android
* 3D Shooters half I: Quake-like App
* 3D Shooters half II: Quake II
* Appendix: Deployment and Compilation assistance
Read or Download Advanced Android 4 Games PDF
Similar java books
Construct reactive, scalable purposes and combine Java code with the facility of Scala
Learn the syntax interactively to easily transition to Scala through reusing your Java code
Leverage the whole strength of contemporary net programming through development scalable and reactive purposes
Easy to keep on with directions and actual international examples that can assist you combine java code and take on mammoth facts challenges
Scala for Java builders is a step by step consultant jam-packed with easy-to-follow code taken from real-world examples explaining the migration and integration of Scala in a Java project.
With this e-book, you'll first get pleased with the Scala syntax and its Java-like surroundings, after which dive into new methods of establishing reactive net apps utilizing the Typesafe stack together with the actor-based Akka framework, the Play net framework, and the rising Slick framework for endurance. The booklet will then train you the way to study important instruments for unit, integration, and useful trying out; show how integrating with exterior platforms applies to the Scala international and what its advantages are.
From studying the Scala syntax interactively to writing sleek, scalable, reactive functions, this ebook may help you to take your talents to the subsequent point via fixing advanced difficulties in a concise and maintainable way.
What you'll examine from this book
[list]Apply and keep watch over the Scala surroundings
Migrate Java code to Scala
Discover Play Framework net improvement
Test info utilizing Scala's trying out frameworks
Manipulate XML and JSON in Scala
Learn the Scala syntax interactively
Integrate Java tasks in Scala
Build reactive net apps utilizing the Typesafe stack
Use new platforms together with the Akka framework, the Play internet framework, and the rising Slick framework
Tackle enormous info challenges
This step by step consultant is stuffed with easy-to-follow code taken from real-world examples explaining the migration and integration of Scala in a Java project.
Who this e-book is written for
If you're a Java developer or a Java architect operating with Java EE-based recommendations and wish to begin utilizing Scala on your day-by-day programming, then this booklet is perfect for you. This publication gets you up and working speedy by means of adopting a practical process with real-world code samples. No past wisdom of Scala is needed.
For skilled builders and programmers trying to make the most the ability of Java through construction functions that engage with a SQL database server, this book/CD-ROM is all the, real-world consultant to the Java Database Connectivity program Programming Interface. half 1 leads you thru the seven key steps in constructing a JDBC API software; half 2 info the entire JDBC sessions, interfaces, equipment, and variables; and half three courses you thru the advance of a dynamic and extensible database browser.
This e-book builds at the profitable process of the 1st variation of Swing, once more taking the ability and suppleness of Java's Swing library to its limits. utilizing a fast paced kind, it begins via introducing all of the Swing elements and maintains with production-quality code examples within which Swing positive factors are personalized, mixed, and vigorously exercised to illustrate real-world utilization.
- Multicast Sockets: Practical Guide for Programmers
- RESTful Java Patterns and Best Practices
- Object-Oriented Software Engineering Using UML, Patterns, and Java (3rd Edition)
- The Definitive Guide to Spring Web Flow
- Head First Servlets and JSP: Passing the Sun Certified Web Component Developer Exam
Additional info for Advanced Android 4 Games
OnMessage() method. Success! We have got our feet wet with this section but there is so much more we can do with native apps. We have learned the basics of Java/C interaction which serve as the foundation to the next section, where we build upon previous knowledge to learn more advanced techniques such as how to cascade audio, video, and other types of events into the native side. We’ll start with the concept of thin Java Wrappers and how they can help with efficient event handling. Audio is the simplest and therefore our starting point.
A dynamic compilation nature of the Java language puts it at par with C performance wise. That is simply not true. Any game developer that has worked in both languages and is concerned with squeezing every single bit of speed in to a device will tell you that Java code is at least six times slower than raw native C. Specially if you work in advanced OpenGL graphics. As a matter of fact if you take a look at the underpinnings of the Android source you’ll find out that most of the Java APIs are simply JNI wrappers to a bunch of C libraries, especially when it comes to Audio/Video.
Next, things get tough with video events where you’ll learn about software, hybrid, and hardware renderers. Then we finish with input events via keyboard or touch screen. Let’s get started. 37 38 CHAPTER 2: Gaming Tricks for Phones or Tablets Java Wrappers for C/C++ Event Handling As a game developer in your organization you probably have to build your code to support multiple platforms. Java is an elegant object-oriented language but when it comes to max performance it simply stinks. a dynamic compilation nature of the Java language puts it at par with C performance wise.
- Download Industrial Water Management: A Systems Approach, Second by William Byers, Glen Lindgren, Calvin Noling, Dennis PDF
- Download Dare to be different! : reflections on certain business by James L. Lamprecht PDF