By Phil Dutson
“A needs to learn for all builders that are looking to start severe Android development.”
—Justin Anderson, Freelance Android Developer
“From begin to end, this e-book incorporates a number of nice tips and perception into an important attributes of Android layout. This ebook will certainly be required studying for any of our destiny Android engineers.”
—Cameron Banga, Cofounder, 9magnets, LLC
There’s a draw back to Android’s awesome openness and flexibility: it’s effortless for builders to write down code that’s inefficient, unreliable, insecure, or challenging to keep up. In Android improvement Patterns , company Android developer Phil Dutson is helping you leverage Android 5.0+’s awesome strength with out falling sufferer to these pitfalls. Dutson offers today’s such a lot complete set of styles and systems for construction optimized, powerful apps with Android 5.0+.
First, Dutson publications you thru developing a hugely effective improvement setting and workflow, and checking out your app to make sure that your code works simply as you predict. Then, he walks in the course of the glossy top practices for structuring apps, utilizing widgets and parts, and dealing with views.
You methods to construct apps which are effortless to control and replace, carry actual and up to date info with out wasting your battery strength, and reap the benefits of new undefined, akin to Android put on and Android television. Dutson concludes via proposing robust innovations for optimizing your apps and packaging them for distribution.
- Using trying out to construct extra reliable, accountable, maintainable apps
- Understanding sophisticated yet serious modifications among Android and conventional Java programming
- Building constant, smooth consumer interfaces with perspectives and layouts
- Leveraging the confirmed MVC development to cleanly manage logic
- Creating wealthy visible reviews with 3D snap shots, animation, and media
- Simplifying trap and use of place information with the hot destinations API
- Integrating non-compulsory undefined, akin to Bluetooth, NFC, or USB
- Building greater apps with Google Play Services
- Creating Android put on notifications and apps
- Tuning and enhancing apps with Google Analytics
- Designing Android television apps for the “ten foot view”
Read or Download Android Development Patterns: Best Practices for Professional Developers PDF
Similar tablets & e-readers books
The self sustaining advisor to the iphone 3GS - The it telephone of our period, Apples iPhone is an iconic piece of know-how coveted through a world inhabitants of hundreds of thousands. With the coming of the newest version, the iPhone 3GS, comes an abundance of name new purposes, exact gains and multi-media accessories, and this professional written magbook is to be had to steer you thru those purposes and assist you maximize the telephones strength.
Safari and WebKit improvement for iPhone OS three. zero /by Richard Wagner (Author) . The iPhone bargains a compelling Web-based program improvement platform revolving round its integrated browser, Safari, that is equipped upon the open resource WebKit framework. This must-have ebook serves as a hands-on advisor to constructing iPhone and iPod contact net purposes.
There are over 2,000 programming languages and a number of other that may be used to application cellular purposes. LiveCode has confirmed itself a robust competitor within the cellular software improvement industry. the facility of this easy-to-learn programming setting gets you beginning constructing cellular apps from the first actual bankruptcy.
Android is the world's no 1 cellular improvement platform, and with the recent Android three. zero, it really is changing into as well known for drugs because it is for smartphones. while you're a newbie, in exactly 24 classes of 1 hour or much less, this pleasant, full-color booklet can help you grasp sleek Android improvement. you could construct a fully-featured app from scratch, studying the entire abilities you will want to create your individual.
- iPhone SDK Application Development: Building Applications for the AppStore
- Android User Interface Design: Turning Ideas and Sketches into Beautifully Designed Apps
- Professional Android Application Development (Wrox Programmer to Programmer)
- High Performance iOS Apps: Optimize your code for better apps
Additional resources for Android Development Patterns: Best Practices for Professional Developers
Your manifest may also contain other elements, such as the
If you really want to drive your device or emulator to the limit, you can override these default settings and Monkey will continue to throw random events. debugexample -v 300 Here, I have an emulator launched and accessible via adb. This means that adb is processed first. The shell command is then passed to open a remote shell on the target device. Next comes the call for monkey as well as an argument option of -p. The -p argument acts as a constraint that will force Monkey to only work in the package that is specified immediately after it.
13 14 Chapter 1 Development Tools Version-Control Systems The need for using a code repository should seem pretty straightforward, but for some developers it may take a hard-drive failure or an accident for them to realize why having a code storage solution is a must when developing. Many types of code repositories are available, including CVS, SVN, Git, Mercurial, and others. The following is breakdown of a few code repository solutions that are available for use with your Android development.
- Download Kant’s ’Critique of Practical Reason’: A Critical Guide by Andrews Reath, Jens Timmermann PDF
- Download The Bridge at the Edge of the World: Capitalism, the by James Gustave Speth PDF